Updated: Oct 8, 2020
Overwhelm can be real... I get it! It's so easy to get caught up in the feeling of 'this is all too much' and tossing content creation to the "do it later" pile. So here is a way to get your blogs, Instagram posts, Facebook posts, LinkedIn articles and email copy all written at once.
1. Write a list of topics your content needs to cover.
This step is basic content planning. Ensure you are serving your customers information they are searching for, content that inspires them, and content that builds trust in what you have to offer. These content angles are more widely known as your content pillars. Inform, educate, inspire and show your audience who you or your brand reps are behind the scenes. Make sure your informational content is covering the topics that your followers are interested in and that it is giving them value and incentive to read more.
2. Write a blog on those topics.
You're pretty much done. WAIT... WHAT? Now all you need to do is REPURPOSE THAT CONTENT!
Can you believe it’s so simple?
Basically, once you have written a blog you can reshape it and tweak it to create even more content.
Here’s how to do batch creation when it comes to your content marketing:
1. Sum up the main points of your blog in three social media posts (depending on your strategy you may want to send them to your blog to read more).
2. Make a copy of your blog with some slight tweaks and some backlinks to go back to your website that leads your audience to similar articles. Publish this on LinkedIn and you have your first LinkedIn article!
3. Write a short email to subscribers that leads them to your blog (make sure it offers high value and intrigues them to want to read).
So there you go, my two-step guide to content creation for content marketing. Want to see how this looks in reality? Come visit my Instagram page where I share snippets of information every week.